Tailgate kick function

Forum for the HR-V Electric Hybrid model
Jay90

Post by Jay90 »

I finally took possession of my HRV hybrid yesterday. It seems all good, except the kick function to open and shut the tailgate doesn’t seem to work. Can anyone give me some clues before I go back to the dealer?

Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

I’m pretty certain that feature has been deleted from the spec due to chip shortage, if your dealer didn’t make that clear to you, go get him!

Also the upgraded sound system was removed
Madasafish

Post by Madasafish »

If you've paid for it, go back to the dealer and ask for an explanation if it's not been fitted. It came on my car way back in April last year. I think it's a bit of a gimmick if I am being honest. I never use it. I would have preferred them to spend the money on an electric adjusting driver's seat.
Jay90

Post by Jay90 »

I contacted the dealer and was told I ordered at the point when it was being stopped, but no one had told me. Not sure what that was worth in monetary terms, but I agreed to an offer they made.
Deleted User 2206

Post by Deleted User 2206 »

Dealers and manufacturers normally have a work around to this by stating in brochures and adverts that specification is subject to change at any time with no notice. A lot of people got caught out when Skoda introduced a new model year Karoq, a lot of convenience items, and some of their 'Simply Clever' items were either removed totally, or became a cost option. Something worth considering the next time you order a vehicle is to try and tie the dealer/salesperson down to guaranteeing the spec, or at least a particular item that you like; satnav, leather sunroof and so on, that way you can either reject the vehicle or claim some form of compensation.

This not only applies to new vehicles, my HR-V was advertised as having factory satnav, which it didn't. I managed to wangle nearly £1k in accessories and freebies. And I prefer using my TomTom anyway.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

I once ordered a Seat Leon with loads of extras, but when it finally arrived they had deleted the standard front parking sensors, the Dealer made me aware and offered £200 off, I rejected that and cancelled the order, no quibble and deposit returned
John Ratsey

Post by John Ratsey »

BTW, Honda still haven't updated the brochure to reflect the omission of this feature https://brochures.honda.co.uk/cars/hr-v-hybrid/?page=48 .
2022 HR-V Elegance Previously Honda Jazz Crosstar, previously 2016 HR-V 1.5 SE i-VTEC CVT
len_hobbs

Post by len_hobbs »

Out of interest do you have the kick function enabled / showing on the touch screen?
It shows up on the vehicle setting on mine and is turned on, but I cannot get kicking to open the tail gate. So, I assume it is as dealer said sensor has been removed.
You would have thought if they had removed the function, then they would have removed the setting from the touch screen.

Len
olegolf

Post by olegolf »

I also discovered that this feature was missing after purchase.
A little internet searching gave me a hope.
I bought a used sensor and installed it by myself.
Now the kick opening works and I'm happy.
HR-V 2023, Opal white silver Pearl
Rares

Post by Rares »

Hi. I'm just curious: what kind of sensor did you used ?